Super reform has changed the world of super – it’s time to get with the new groove. In this podcast, Michael Jones discusses super pensions after super reform, in particular:
- Transition to retirement pensions – keep, commute, convert? (and why we need to understand the definition of retirement)
- Transfer balance cap – how it works in practice (with comments on the ATO proposal for events based reporting)
- Valuation guidelines (nothing but the facts)
- Exceeding the cap? Multiple funds – which one to keep? – How to max that cap! What about reserves? Some suggested strategies
- Estate planning, reversionary pensions and the transfer balance cap (sorry: your cap dies with you!) – a word on this most significant aspect of the 1 July changes.